December 3, 2007

December 2007

We hope everyone is having a happy and healthy holiday season. We started it out by going to Rick’s aunt & uncles house on Thanksgiving day and to my mom and dad’s on the following Saturday. We seem to always be on the run so it is nice to be able to spend some time with our families. Drew definitely knows how to ham it up everywhere we go. On Thanksgiving day I was asked if Drew has started to walk? I said, "no, but he’s is very close." Wouldn’t you know it, I put him down and he walks across the room. It’s like he knew everyone was watching him and said, “watch this!!”
My mom, my sister and I had our first annual cookie baking day on that Saturday. It was fun and very productive. We left with lots and lots of cookies which are almost gone following Drew's b-day party…thank god.
Rick has been busy putting lights on the house & we put up our very first Christmas tree this year. I had forgotten how much I love real Christmas trees until we were finished decorating and the smell filled the house.

Whew…we survived Drew’s first birthday. It was a mix of emotion for us. It is so much fun to watch him go through all the baby stages yet sad to see that he is not a baby anymore. On Saturday we started out by having Drew’s pictures taken for Christmas and his b-day. We brought a cake and let him destroy it for some hilarious pictures…he was covered in blue frosting. After pictures we dropped him off at Kelly and Greg’s house so that we could do some heavy duty cleaning and food prep for his party. (I think we might order pizza next year) We made him a puppy cake which actually turned out better than I anticipated. He loves puppies so we tried to go with that for a theme. The party on Sunday went well. We went to bed exhausted but happy everyone could make it spite all the snow. I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist so I was busy making sure everything was running as planned. Rick grilled venison kabobs which seemed to be a big hit, he received lots of compliments. I still can not get over how generous everyone was. Drew had presents scattered all over the living room and of course liked the boxes and paper the best.
Today we took Drew to the doctor for his 12 month appt. We knew he’d be getting 5 shots so we wanted to hold off with this appt until after his birthday. Dr. Porter says he looks great. He is 32” tall (97%) & weighs 26lbs 4oz (90%). He’s our big guy. The only bad news we got is that he still has an ear infection in both ears that we have been trying to get rid of since the beginning of October…poor kid. We started him on his 4th round of antibiotics today and are getting a referral to see an ENT doctor. We may be putting the dreaded tubes in his ears. We really did not want to have to do this but it’s only the beginning of winter and it could be a long one if we don’t. Let’s see, what else is he doing…….he waves bye, bye, blows kisses, walks all over the place, eats like he has never had food before, only has a bottle first thing in the morning and before bed, loves to give great big hugs & knows how to get lots of attention.

No comments: