Summer is wrapping up and we are busy trying to get in as much as we can before it gets cold and before the baby gets here. Here are a few of the highlights since my last post….
We met Amy, Wyatt and their two kids, Emma and Anden at the Benton County Fair a few weekends ago. They had fun checking out all of the animals at the kiddy barn and a few of the rides.
We met Amy, Wyatt and their two kids, Emma and Anden at the Benton County Fair a few weekends ago. They had fun checking out all of the animals at the kiddy barn and a few of the rides.
I worked my last weekend at the hospital until returning from maternity leave at the end of December. Yepieee : ) I am also patiently waiting for our new x-ray room to be completed. I can not wait to organize it…as weird as that sounds, I love to organize!! Someone at work thought it might be the nesting phase in me coming out.
I am now 36 weeks pregnant and feeling alright. If I said I felt great I’d be totally lying. I toss and turn at night and wake up to pee 3-4 times a night. I try to not let myself drink anything after 7pm and this still happens. I also have heartburn at night. At least that’s what I think is waking me up anyway?! I’ve never had it before. The diabetes is fine. I am giving myself insulin shots in the stomach 4 times a day but it is not near the amount I was giving myself last time. The up side to having gestational diabetes, if there is one, would be that I get to listen to her heart beat and see her on ultrasound every week for a half an hour each. She has been scoring 8/8 on all the biophysical profile ultrasounds and has been very reactive on the non stress tests (NST). Last week Jan (the NST lady) asked if I was feeling the contractions. I guess NST’s detect contractions and I was having them. I happily replied, “nope.” On a more relaxing note, I called GB & Co. one day last week from work to see if they by any chance had any openings for an hour massage and they did that same night, which never happens, so I took it. It was wonderful. I had to lie on my side for much of it but the girl that did it was very good at them this way.
Sunday, we visited my aunt and uncle, John and Irene who are up visiting from California. They ventured up with their two kids Blake and Haley and stayed at a resort. It was good to see them since we don’t get to very often. Blake and Haley are just a little older then Drew so it was fun to watch them play.
No comments:
Post a Comment