We had another successful cookie day making 6 or 7 different varieties of cookies. This was the 2nd year of having a cookie day with my mom and sister and it worked out great again. I would never make all of these if I had to do it by myself. We displayed them for Drew’s birthday party for everyone to try and they seemed to go over very well…good thing or else I’d be eating them all!!
We went out and cut down our first Christmas tree. We’ll definitely be doing this every year from now on. It was fun to pick out our tree but we need more than an hour next year. I felt very rushed and that’s how we ended up with a ginormous tree. It looks good but poor Rick had to carry it in!! We also decorated the house, put lights up outside & mailed out the Christmas cards…we are now in the full swing of things. When we turned the lights on the tree for the first time Drew said WOW!!!! BIG tree!!
I had my follow up doctors appt from surgery and everything went very well. The mass my doctor saw was a false alarm. It was directly related to everything else going on, which is now taken care of. My doctor still can’t believe how well I recovered from Raegan weighing 9-14 and being STUCK!! She must have one tough mommy : )
Drew had his 2 year doctor appt which went good as well. He weighed in at 32.1lbs (89%) and was 36” tall (88%). I guess when a boy turns 2 you are supposed to be able to double his height and that tells you how tall you can expect him to be as an adult. Well, Drew will be 72” by those calculations…6 ft?!
His party with us & our families was on Sunday. He was so overwhelmed and exhausted that he slept from 6:30pm-6am. All I know is he does not need Christmas anytime soon with all the stuff he got for his birthday…UNREAL!!
I started winter co-ed volleyball on Tuesday nights. It was nice to take a break from it for awhile but it feels great to be back at it. A bar is sponsoring us for the season, hmmm...that's too bad I guess we'll have to stop there once and awhile : )
We ventured out into the cold for the hospitals Festival of Lights Thursday night. They had horse drawn carriage rides, reindeer, a live nativity, carolers and the lighting of the hospital. Drew was bundled up good but I forgot about myself…I was frozen!!
We ventured out into the cold for the hospitals Festival of Lights Thursday night. They had horse drawn carriage rides, reindeer, a live nativity, carolers and the lighting of the hospital. Drew was bundled up good but I forgot about myself…I was frozen!!
Oh yeah, I was also on call at the VA this weekend and it’s my 30th birthday today!!! What a week……I’m pooped and old!!
Only 2 weeks of maternity leave left, where did time go?!?!
here are a few more random pictures...
Congratulations to Missy and Rich on the birth of their baby girl Ava Lily born on 12/4. I had the chance to visit and bring them supper on Monday...she's a sweetie!
1 comment:
Hey Brooke, that elf dance was hilarious. Ryan's friend did that last year but it was nothing compared to seeing your family. I didn't know Drew was a professional dancer;-)
Post a Comment