September 2, 2010

Goodbye summer...HELLO FALL!!

Sadly Summer is wrapping up.  Summer is definately my favorite season and fall is a close second.  The only reason I am sad to see fall arrive is because I know winter is right around the corner.  I hope we have a long, warm, enjoyable fall.

My last post I said how I had the weekend to myself....Rick was at a softball tournament and the kids stayed a night with each of their grandparents while I worked at the hospital & caught up on household stuff and sleep...well, when everyone got home on Sunday evening, I had lots of energy but this is how everyone else felt : )
tuckered out!!
Ricks team took 6th place at the state tournament which I think they were happy with.


We met up with some friends and took the kids to the Clearwater Rodeo!! Yee Haww!! It was a good time. The kids were cheering and having a great time. Drew was disappointed that he didn't get to do the mutt and bust but I can't say that I was very dissapointed...yikes! The bull riding was last and the most exciting event!
mutt and bust..HOLD ON!!

Wicked is at the Orpheum and I would recommend it if you like this sort of thing. The Lion King is still my untimate number one show but Wicked and Jersey Boys are in second.  As always, I had a great time..shopping, PF Changs, wine, great company and a good show!



We have been able to spend some time at the park.  Drew loves that he gets to ride his bike there.  Raegan sits in her seat on the back of my bike and Rick holds down the crew on his.  Rick thought it would be fun to tell Drew to hop on his bike fast and those two would race us home...well, it was a good idea until D took a digger.  Raegan and I thought we'd go a different way to try beating them and we could hear Drew crying about a block away!  Poor kid.  The good part was he hopped right back on his bike and away he went.  I thought he wouldn't want to get back on.





A Sunday afternoon at Quarry Park...
The floating bridge...it has water under it so it goes up and down as you walk accross it. 
The kids could feel it moving while riding in the wagon.

And we have started our fall cleaning....YAY!!!  I know people think I am crazy for looking forward to cleaning and washing windows etc. but there is a pride thing in having a put together and well taken care of house.  Yes, I could hire someone to clean or wash windows but it's nice to know that we can take care of our own stuff.  Part of the resposibilty of owning nice things is taking care of them.  I want to instill these values into our kids as well.  There is a time for fun and running around (which we do plenty of) but there is also a time to stay home with each other and take care of all that we are fortunate enough to have.  Anyway, we washed all of the windows AND then it stormed last night...ugh!  I am very lucky to have a husband who shares these responsibilities with me and I appreciate him very much! 

now we can sit and watch the birds fly into them again : )
ahhh, last one...

Happy Fall....we are sure to have lots to blog about with a calander full of fun stuff ahead!!

No comments: