Finally!!...My flowers are popping up an there is only one small snow bank left in our yard! Which Rick raked apart so that it will melt faster....only in MN do we rake snow piles : ) I would love to plant a garden but we have so many animals running through our backyard that I know it would be a complete waste of time. (good thing my mother likes to garden and LOVES to share) : ) The anticipation of summer has me all excited to do so many fun things! I hate to jam pack my planner with things to do, but summer is too darn sort not to.
 |
| A few of the animals to grace our backyard. |
Around the beginning of March we took the kiddos to a water park and had so much fun! I love that they are getting older and are wanting to explore things more. Drew was much more brave this year on the big slides and Raegan pretty much stuck to the little slides...and the hot tub. We will definitely be going back again next year!
 |
| the dump bucket |
 |
| floating around the lazy river |
 |
| Rick and D popping out from the tube slide |
A circus came to town and we met up some friends there on a Sunday afternoon. Needless to say Raegan adores Brody. We thought they were gonna give each other a little smooch at one point : o The night before the circus Taylor stayed over night at our house by surprise. We took the kids to spend the night at grandma & grandpa Liesers house on Friday because I had a work conference in Bloomington on Saturday and Rick had to work....and Taylor came too. When I got home Saturday evening Rick had agreed to keep Taylor at our house on Saturday night. I have to say I was pretty impressed that he was keeping them very entertained : ) We got to have a movie and popcorn night on the air mattress....Taylor was Belle, Raegan was a princess and Drew was the beast!!
 |
| Lou & Brody |
 |
| they were so funny |
 |
| helping Rick pump up the air bed |
 |
| Watching Beauty & the Beast |
We spent a Saturday afternoon at open gym. I meant to get there more throughout the winter but we only made it this one time. The kids remembered it and had a blast. They were soaked with sweat by the time we were leaving....everyone slept VERY well that night.
"The Bug guy" made a stop at our Daycare Center and I had the chance to go and see it with them. I am not a huge fan of bugs but I didn't want to look scared in front of all the kids so there I was picking up and holding a millipede, hissing cockroach, tranchela and scorpion!! I was so surprised at how well the kids did!!
 |
| Raegans class watching the presentation |
 |
| Drews class watching the presentation |
 |
| scared stiff... |
 |
| the bug guy showing how a scorpion turns color under a black light |
 |
| Drew and his friends holding a millipede |
Raegan is 99% potty trained!!! YAY! The 1% left is just me thinking this can't be and she will surely have an accident anytime now! Daycare sent her diapers home almost two weeks ago and she hasn't even had to wear a pull up to bed for a week or so. I beg her to put one on but she says, "mommy, my WILL NOT pee in my underware!" OK then. She told me to throw them all away but I just can't quite do that yet. She is still in Tiny Tumblers and loving it! She is learning a lot and is fun to watch. Our daycare is offering a dance class during the day through the St Cloud School of Dance that she will be enrolling in for the summer. I will have to post a video of her dance moves, if I can catch her...funny stuff.
 |
| the self proclaimed princess |
Drew is so excited for summer. He keeps asking when we can go swimming and wear shorts?? He is going to be taking karate classes in May and Bam Bam ball in June and July...that should keep us busy. He is very into playing games at home! We have to play every night. I request Memory because I can not win and it drives me nuts. The kid sees a card one time and remembers....me, I need to see it like 10 times before I get it...UGH!!
 |
| getting ready to beat me...again |
Other than that...it has been pretty normal around here. Work, Play, Rest....and Clean. I can't wait to get the ol NORWEX stuff out to spring clean & wash windows!! Crazy....yes, I know : ) Until next time...Happy Spring and Happy Easter to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment