June 16, 2011

LOVIN it!!

A patient I had the other day said that he is a retired landscaping/nursery owner and that a long, wet, cool spring means a FABULOUS fall is in store for us this year.  Not that I look forward to fall but that somehow makes the cool spring we had ok : )  I just love small talking with my patients, learning what they do & enjoy, where they are from & just listening to them talk.  I have learned so much over the years and have met many amazing people.

I can't even begin to express how happy I am that summer is finally here!!  Everything is SO green and beautiful right now.  That same patient also told me not to get too worried about my flowers...they are about 3 weeks behind this year : ) Rick has started to join me in my love of flowers.  He is constantly asking me what the names of things are and being so proud that he didn't pull out a flower thinking it was a weed.  Funny story quick....  a few years ago when he didn't know anything about flowers I came home from work to a pile of green things sitting next to one of my perennial flower beds : o  Rick was patiently waiting for me to get home that day to show me how he had winterized/cleaned out my gardens for me...AHHH!  Well, I started over that spring and ever since then he has been interested in learning more.  If you ask him he probably won't admit it but he really does like it ; )

Current Events...

Drew took a Karate class through community ed and liked it a lot.  I like it because it teaches independence, self discipline, self confidence and self defense..all qualities I feel are very important.   He learned a lot and we are so proud of him.  He wants to continue Karate/Tai Chi this fall/winter and I am thrilled!


practicing the "snap kick"  (he is wearing red)



We have been enjoying our time at home as well.  Supper on the deck is always enjoyable...especially since the bugs aren't too bad yet, playing in the sprinklers & playing with neighborhood friends.




just chilling with mommy : )

watermelon break

Raegan & Molly play so well together..I love listening


We went to "Breakfast on the Farm" again this year.  My parents and my sister and her family were able to join us.  The kids loved the animals and big machines.  Raegan begged for a pet bunny after that day. 


breakfast: french toast, pancakes, eggs, sausage & orange juice

papa, Aiden, Drew & Raegan climbed up on the combine


maama walking with Aiden and Lou through the huge barn



Raegan loved the petting zoo...the chicks were too cute!

mommy...can I have a bunny??!

having an ice cream cone before leaving

I was able to go with the kids on their field trip to the Children's Museum.  I have now been there 3 times and I can't say it ever gets old.  That place is amazing!

ready to go on the bus

Lego land

Lots of interaction with turtles

painting rocks with water...they could have stayed here all day.

one of my favorite pictures of the day!  A little rock band...they would say, "rockin in the usa!" 





I have been doing more and more Zumba.  I started about a month or two ago and i can't get enough!  I go for sure once a week and twice if I can sneak it in.  I just started zumba toning now too and love it even more than regular zumba...can you say addicted??  Since I have started I have got 11 people to come to try it out.  I am so happy that some of them like it and have stuck with it.  I also got to go see the Fabulous Armadillos play at the Pioneer Place and LOVED it!  I know I always say this but they are amazing!  The wine we drank before the show could have had something to do with it ; )

Two of my zumba peeps at "zumba in da club" at the Red Carpet.

AMAZING show!
Always a good time with these two : )

We took the kiddos to their first Twins game at Target Field.  We went early because they got a free jersey that day and stayed late because the kids got to run the bases on the field after the game.  I was worried about how long we were expecting them to be good but it was a piece of cake...whew!  They stayed content and Rick & I were happy as could be enjoying a game on a beautiful day!







walking out on the field...getting ready to run bases

There goes D...#19

and in comes Lou at home plate

Drew had his first week of Bam Bam ball for the summer and is so excited about it!  I can see the excitement in Ricks eyes knowing Drew is enjoying himself.  Last night it was cancelled but before they left the house (because we didn't know it was cancelled at that time) Drew happened to throw his bat & ball in the truck for Lou to play with while he was playing.  Since no one was there Rick just asked the kids if they wanted to stay and play for a bit and maybe hit some balls.  As they were there a few more families were showing up and staying too.  Ultimately, Rick and Wyatt (Drew's friends dad) ended up coaching a practice for all the kids that showed up.  It melted my heart and I hope Raegan and Drew always know how lucky they are to have such a great dad!  ...unfortunately, I wasn't there to see it but I was enjoying YUMMY wine at book club.  I think I found a new favorite!

Drew with his bud Andan



Drew's team with coach Jeron

No comments: