August 8, 2011

Una buena vida!!

I wanted to start this post by saying how truly blessed I am.  It is easy to take a lot of things in life for granted when you are busy and don't take the time to slow down to see them.  A friend of mine knows a little boy who is 4 and has been fighting for his life since he was born.  He has had nothing but battles in his short precious life.  She routinely keeps me updated on his condition even though I don't personally know them.  I guess a 4 year old boy kinda hits home.  She just informed me that Nicholas was taken home from the hospital one last time...   With that said, last night I sat and held the kids past their normal bedtime rocking them and telling them how much I love them and appreciating their every little move, truly knowing how blessed I am!

In July we celebrated Taylor's 4th Birthday!!  What a little lady she is growing up to be.  The weather has not been known to cooperate well for her parties in the past but this year it did...and was it ever HOT!  The kids had a blast!  Happy Birthday Taylor!!

Happy Birthday Taylor!!







Taylor sound checking her gift from her mom & dad
Drew wrapped up the final days of Bam Bam ball.  He liked it a lot and is sad to see it come to an end.  He makes me one proud mama seeing him have fun out there : )  Drew has also mastered riding his bike without training wheels.  whenever we asked him to try his reply was, "maybe next year...when I am 5."  One day he was coasting down the driveway on a bike without training wheels and after the 3 or 4th time of doing that I said put your feet up on the pedals when you go down.  That was it, that's all it took!!  He is now an official biker : )  He amazes me daily at how fast he catches on to things.





Raegan is my sweet little girl who is into everything princesses!  She loves to dress up and sing & dance.  I can't wait to get her into some dance classes this fall, she will love it!  She knows her birthday is coming up sometime soon and really wants a princess cake.  We'll have to see what we can do about that ; )


Aiden spent the evening at our house so Kelly & Greg could having a night out for themselves.  We could have stayed at the park for HOURS and that little boy would have been so happy.  Drew and Raegan love him to pieces and are very protective of him.  That makes me smile...too cute.

Rick & D biked and I pulled Aiden and Ragan to the park





cooling off with a freezy
We did make it to the fair one night last week.  They had pig races from Liter MN that the kids really enjoyed watching.  Hmm...where is Liter??  We might have to make a trip there for their annual pig races next year : )  Reagans favorite part of the fair is the animals and Drews is the machinery...go figure.







We were able to make a trip to Duluth for some fun.  I love that place and decided we need to go back up there soon, either this fall or next year late summer/fall.  We actually went up there to see Thomas the Train!!  At one point Drew looked at me and said, "Mom, can you believe it's really Thomas?  I am so excited." ...that made the long drive worth it : )


Made a pit stop for some FUN before going to see Thomas
The guy tells me before we go..."for the most fun don't use the brake"...oh my!!

he giggled the whole ride!!

D with Sir Topham Hat






on the train ride




It was also the annual trip to Greenwald this past weekend for Barley Days.  I don't know if we will ever be able to skip this.  I grew up with it and have such great memories that I just feel like it is a necessity to go.  My mom and dad love having everyone home for it too. 

Aiden, Raegan, Drew & Taylor collecting boat loads of candy : o
Jana, Taylor & Eric at the parade

Aiden dancing

D & Jana
80's theme...can you tell??



registering to "win a hog"



I love that look : )  Love ya Rick!

going to check out the garden


eating fresh out of the garden carrots


Here is to a wonderful summer!! 
I hope you are enjoying it as much as we are!!


Rick..working hard at the fast pitch softball tourney in Freeport

Greg and Aiden working too

I wish them luck at the State Tourney next weekend!!
At a Riverbats game with my whole family...Drew got hung upside down by Earl : )

Drew and his papa


A day at the farm started with meeting papa and maama at McDonalds for some play time.

don't ask me how I feel about this ride...

This kid could live on a farm...he is in heaven when he is there.

..and the wild life never stops, here is a mommy fox and her two baby kits

a buck with his velvet



The coyote story...if you haven't heard.
 One morning Rick tells me you grab my camera and go to the window FAST!  I get there to see this!  Apparently, our neighbor was watching this deer drink water from a puddle when this coyote jumped out from the tall grass, wrestled it down and had killed it in about 10 seconds!  Thats when we got in on it, watching it pull the deer back to the tall grass to hide it.  YIKES!!  Crazy to witness.

At Stacys golden brithday party!!  Happy Birthday Stacy!!
Drew LOVES to build

playing horse : )  usually I am the horse...

tub time




No comments: