Last November, I wrote down one thing each day that I was thankful for and looking back at the list I realized I have a lot to be thankful for!
Here it goes again...one thing each day : )
1. I am thankful to have a happy & healthy family that loves each other to infinity! (as Drew would say)
2. I am thankful to have a husband that is 100% invested in being a great dad! He skips things to be with them, he plays with them often, he teaches them daily, he spends lots of time with them and most importantly he has never made me feel like they are my responsibility. The last part may sound weird to say, but I see it WAY TOO often!
3. I am thankful to have a job that is fun, flexible and stable. Letting me leave to search for "the fugitive" is asking a lot but I had people cheering me on and telling me to go : )
4. I am thankful that I get to see my family often...Pizza Ranch tonight : )
5. I am thankful to have welcoming in laws! They invited me & the kiddos out for lunch today while Rick was at work.
6. I am thankful for the extra hour today...I used it for sleep!
7. I am thankful to live in an area with access to so many choices!!!
8. I am thankful that my life is full of routine, I get to spend time with my kids and husband every night. We are usually all home by 4:30, we get to have supper together, read stories together, play games together and go to activities together.
9. I am thankful that I get to see the Lion King again...and this time with my mom and sister!! : )
10. I am thankful that Drew and Raegan have evolved into sound sleepers!! Uninterrupted sleep is wonderful!!!
11. I am thankful Rick got a deer & our freezer will be restocked with venison!!
12. I am thankful that my kiddos can still fit on my lap and want to curl up with me to watch an evening movie!
13. I am thankful to have a job that helps people. Working at a hospital and growing up/living in the same area can be scary...you never know who or what you will see, but the comfort it gives people to see a familiar face in a large scary place is such a good feeling.
14. I am thankful to come home from a busy day at work to smiley faces, huge hugs and supper on the table...life is good.
15. I am thankful for days to myself...Christmas shopping today!!
16. I am thankful for nights out...it makes me a better wife and mother. this week: volleyball, book club & zumba : )
17. I am thankful that my coworkers stand in line to get the Cities 97 Sampler at Target every year & that they get me a copy : ) ...listening to it at work right now.
18. I am thankful that both kiddos passed swimming lessons with flying colors!! They are my little fish : ) I am so proud of them!
19. I am thankful to be at home safe and sound today. I heard within an hour earlier today there were around 200 accidents/vehicles in the ditch between St Cloud and Melrose. ...one more, I am thankful its not my weekend to work!!!
20. I am thankful my mother has shoe boxes upon shoe boxes of old pictures. It never gets old seeing how people and things have changed. For fun at work everyone is bringing a funny (most embarrassing) childhood picture. Man, did I find some bad ones..troll earrings?? zubbas?? perms?? yikes!!
21. I am thankful for good friends...its hard to see them move far away and even harder to say good bye. : ( Jess, I wish you luck as you move onto new adventures in your life. You are a wonderful person!
22. I am thankful that we do not own any video games (well, except a leapster...but that's educational...right??). Not saying that it wont happen in the future but am thankful for now because they drive me NUTS! It makes me sad to see a family out to eat and a little kid playing video games : (
23. I am thankful for a clean house!!! I love to clean but sometimes it is sure hard to keep up...it is clean at this moment and I am enjoying it while it lasts!
24. I am thankful to be done Christmas shopping!! I can look at these ads and relax instead of getting a list together. Funny thing is, I got better prices prior to Black Friday!!
25. I am thankful to be at home with the kiddos today. At 1pm, we just made oreo/peanut butter cup/whopper/candy corn turkeys AND we are all still in our pj's : )
26. I am thankful that my kids were excited to pick out & buy a toy to give to Toys for Tots. I was nervous they were not going to want to give it away. They understand that they are very lucky kids and that some kids don't have many toys to play with.
27. I am thankful for family traditions and I am thankful I survived another annual cookie baking days with my mom, sister and grandma. Whew!! I am pooped!
28. I am thankful for days off during the week!!!
29. I am thankful I remembered to keep up with this list : )
30. I am truly thankful for everything in my life. I am blessed with great family, a good job, happy & amazing kids, an awesome husband, health and so much more!!! I really could not ask for anything more! All of these things can be taken from you in a blink of an eye...please take time to let go of all the negative things in your life and dwell on the good. Happy Holidays!!
No comments:
Post a Comment