January 19, 2012

Brr Brr Brrrrr!!

As weird as it was to be playing outside a few weeks ago, it was nice.  This morning I told Rick it really shouldn't be that bad out today, the temp read 14 degrees.  Around 9 o'clock he texted me at work and asked if I missed the - in front of the 14???  Yup, I did.  It was -14 outside this morning!!!  Brrrrr!




Havning fun on the four wheeler
We had a wonderful Christmas full of family and fun. 










Drew had a rough start however...
Our first Christmas get together of the season was with Ricks moms family.  Great Grandma Rose always sends money for the kids and asks that we bring a gift for them to open from her.  It is so generous of her to do that for so many kids.  The whole way there we talked about how lucky we are to get gifts and that they are never to be expected, we always say thank you no matter what and be thankful because no one has to give gifts.  I was out of ideas for the kids giving all my ideas to grandparents, godparents, Santa and us but I did find an ant farm that I thought Drew would really like once he figured out what it was.  So, everyone takes turns going up front to open their gifts with great grandma.  As the kids were opening their gifts I could see Drew had no idea what he got and tears were swelling in his eyes.  He put his box down and went to give gg a hug and to say thank you.  He walked over to Rick and I and started to cry.  He said why would gg give me something that I didn't want or ask for? ...OH MY!!!  I was so embarrassed and tried to explain to him what it actually was.  He realized it was a pretty cool gift in the end.  The plus side of everything was he did say thank you and everyone got a good laugh watching him.  When we got home as Rick and I were unloading the vehicle Drew decided that since he didn't really like what he got that day he was going to take it upon himself to open another gift under the tree!!!  I was SO mad when I found this out because the only gift for them under the tree was their gift from us.  I wrapped two sleds and taped a picture of a four wheeler on the back of the box.  We got them a four wheeler for Christmas and our plan was to have them open that gift and have the four wheeler sitting outside for them when they found the picture.  Needless to say he spent the rest of the night in his room and  I was not impressed!  We really try not to focus on gifts around Christmas but it clearly has not sunk in...yet.





After Christmas I was kinda freaking out about all the crap in this house!!!  I like things clean and organized and I just didn't see how that was possible anymore with all this "STUFF!"  I hate stuff and like to keep things simple.  We made the decision to move the kids from sharing a room upstairs to giving them their own space downstairs.  WHAT A PROJECT THAT WAS!!  We converted the spare bedroom and toy room into their bedrooms and the bedroom upstairs will be an office.  We are going to replace the carpet in the "office," hallway and stairs to wood and replace the wood floors we have in the dining room and kitchen to match. It's a big project that we haven't really started at this point but will in the near future.  Yeah, didn't even see all that coming...it just kinda happened.

I am almost done with Raegans girly room : )  Drews outer space room is next.



Daycare was closed on New Years eve day so I had the day off and took the kids to Bounce Depot for the afternoon.  They had a blast and the place was empty we had it to ourselves with 5 other kids.  I even went climbing around with them....fun times : )  We also went to see the Chipmunks.






Rick took Drew ice fishing for the first time this winter.  I was so nervous hearing about all the people/fish houses going down.  Rick assured me that it was fine and off they went.  Drew couldn't stop talking about it and was beaming since he caught the biggest fish!



I have finally joined Pinterest.  After everyone talking about it and convincing me to try it...I have become addicted for the moment.  I currently have 5 projects going from that site, about 10 recipes I want to try, redecorating ideas flowing through my brain and so many more things I have "pinned" so I don't forget about them.  It is such a fun site and can't wait to explore it even more : )
current projects....
mod podge scrapbook paper to 9 painted canvas for our bedroom


tonight we are making winter ice gems since it is below zero!

stars in a jar for D & R's rooms

framed tin
Hope you are staying warm : )






No comments: