December 28, 2012

Saying farwell to my grandma

I was working the weekend my grandma passed away. (12/15/12)  I got a call from my dad telling me to call him right away.  I knew what he was going to tell me...grandma had been put on hospice care for about a week at that point.  My heart sank...even though I knew it was better for her it is still sad to see your grandma that you grew up close with pass away. 

RIP grandma (and give papa a big hug from me)


I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below

With tiny lights, like Heaven’s stars, reflecting on the snow

The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away the tear

For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear

But the sounds of music can’t compare

with the Christmas choir up here.

I have no words to tell you, the joy their voices bring,

For it is beyond description, to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart

But I am not so far away, we really aren’t apart.

So be happy for me, dear ones, you know I hold you dear.

And be glad I’m spending Christmas

with Jesus Christ this year.

I sent you each a special gift, from my heavenly home above.

I sent you each a memory of my undying love.

After all, love is a gift more precious than pure gold

It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other, as my Father said to do

For I can’t count the blessing or love he has for each of you

So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear

Remember, I am spending Christmas

with Jesus Christ this year.

When I read the words on the back of my grandmas memorial card it brought tears to my eyes.  Not only because she will never spend another Christmas with us but for all the families in Newport, Connecticut not having their beautiful children with them.  It is a horrific and tragic event that reminds me that we truly have no idea what tomorrow will bring.  I hug and kiss my children goodnight with that in mind everyday.     

...in my thoughts are the 20 beautiful and innocent 6/7 yar old children & 6 brave teachers who lost their lives that day.
 

No comments: