We have been going to Breakfast on the Farm since it started years ago. It used to be very low key and not many people and it has now exploded into a huge event!! I am happy it has grown over the years and I am sure we will continue to go every year. Rick and I both appreciate being raised on a farm and we are sad our kids won't experience it as we did.
![]() |
| papa and D at the farm |
| posing like the Vikings cheerleaders : ) |
| Farmer Raegan & Aiden |
| MOO |
| Drew & his godmother |
| wagon rides |
| follow the leader over hay bails : ) |
Reagan's field trip to the Children's Museum. This is one of my favorite places to be with the kids. I fell like they will out grow it very soon so I want to enjoy every visit I have here.
| early morning bus ride |
![]() |
| surfer girl |
| loving Dora |
![]() |
| pooped out!!! |
Fathers Day!! I am one of the luckiest people in the world!! Rick is an amazing daddy & I have a great one as well!! We went out golfing on Fathers Day...it has been too long. I enjoy golfing so much.
![]() |
| yikes...where is the driver?? |
![]() |
![]() |
| D is Ricks caddy ; ) |
Drew started Babe Ruth baseball this year. I love watching Rick and Drew bond. Rick didn't want to coach but ended up helping out. I see a young eager excitement in Drew's eyes when his dad is on the field with him.
| come on pitch...put it in my wheel house! |
![]() |
| love watching these little guys! |
| this little girl is going to be trouble...she wont stay out of the dugout |
![]() |
| R and her daddy |
Every year Ricks uncle Terry raises chickens for all of Ricks aunts and uncles. They all get together in June to butcher. I have helped in the past but I now want to get the kids involved. Its such a good thing for them to see where our food comes from. Raegan was good at getting fresh water for everyone and Drew helped to clean gizzards.
![]() |
| Drew said, "its not their lucky day!' |
![]() |
| Terry is the head chopper |
![]() |
| Kenny soaks the chickens in hot water |
![]() |
| Great grandma Rose is the head feather plucker |
![]() |
| Shirley and her sisters do the cleaning/seperating |
![]() |
| Raegan was in charge of making sure everyone had fresh clean water |
![]() |
| Drew started out as the chicken transporter but moved on to... |
![]() |
| cleaning gizzards |
![]() |
| Fresh chicken packaged and ready to eat! |
Strawberries!! Every year the kiddos and I meet my mom at the strawberry patch. We pick enough to fill two buckets and two little belly's. The kids love the fact that they get to eat as many berries as they can while we are picking. The owners are so wonderful to tell the kids that every year. That's what they enjoy & remember.
![]() |
| Mmmm |
![]() |
| our favorite ways to use them are on ice cream, angel food cake, jelly, and plain! |
Our second annual camping excursion was a success!! It is unbelievable how many kids there are...the adults are way out numbered! What a great way for all the kids to make life long friends and for the adults (what? when did we become adults? I still feel like I am in my 20's when we are all toghether!!) to relax and enjoy late night campfires and cocktails : )
![]() |
| we rounded up ALL of the kids for one picture |
![]() |
| Minnow races |
![]() |
| the crew |
![]() |
| ready for water balloon wars |
![]() |
| and pinata fun! |
![]() |
| Rick made all the kids a bow & arrow set |
| ..then he set deer up all over the campground |
![]() |
| lots of biking |
| and a game or two of ball |
| t-shirt decorating |
![]() |
| and fun!!! |
![]() |
| Drew, Owen & Grant taking a dip |
![]() |
| Joe sporting his neon thong : ) never a dull moment! |
![]() |
| Drew all lit up : ) |
















































No comments:
Post a Comment