June 29, 2008


He loves to play with his cars, trucks and tractors

Drew is getting to be such a big boy. He says about 30-40 words, but understands EVERYTHING we say. We brought him to papa and grandma Schoenberg’s house on Monday night and they brought him back down on Thursday night just in time for the guys, Rick, Greg & dad and Kelly to get in a round of golf and for all of us to go out for dinner. I wanted to go golfing but my belly seemed to be in the way so, mom, Drew and I stayed at Kelly and Greg house while they were gone. It was a nice couple of nights for us alone but we missed the big guy lots. One night we went out to eat and rented movies, the other night we went to Ricks softball game.

I had my 26 week doctors appt. I go every two weeks to stay on top of my blood sugars and to monitor babys growth. I have been checking my sugars for about two weeks and they have been fine but are now starting to go up a bit. I’ve started the insulin shots in my stomach just in the mornings for now but will likely have more in my future, just like last time. I have my routine 28 week appt this Wednesday to make sure everything is still on track. I also got out of the house to see two movies at the theater. “What happens in Vegas” with Kelly and “Sex and the City” with some girls. Both were predictable chick flicks…just what I like.

On Friday night a group of us met to bring the kiddos to a parade. It was a big parade with 14 marching bands. Drew did good being up past his bedtime. He even caught on to picking up candy and putting it in a bag. He loved the balloons, puppies and go carts the best and wasn’t a big fan of the loud trucks. It rained a little bit but stopped shortly after with a great big rainbow in the sky.


Saturday, we participated in the attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the “Largest Parade of Bikes.” It didn’t happen but I hear they will try again next year…we’ll be there. http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080628/NEWS01/106280043

Sunday we spent some time at the Chargers vs Silver Streaks baseball game then headed to my parents house for some cards and supper. Drew is wiped out in his bed at this moment from the busy weekend.


I work next weekend so not much will be happening around here for the 4th. We’ll be taking it easy around the house. Have a great July 4th weekend!

No comments: