January 19, 2009

getting back on track

I knew my postings would diminish after being back at work!! The face book world has also consumed any spare time I do have. There seems to be so little time to do things around here. This is my night on fast forward...get off of work, either go straight home or pick up the kids, play while Rick makes supper : ), baths, bedtime routine stuff, dishes, pick up & go to bed!!
This mornings sunrise was awesome!!

There hasn't been a whole lot going on around here to write about. Rick is working on finishing the laundry room. It kinda got put on the bottom of the list of things to do but is it well on it's way with sheet rock and mud. We want to try that epoxy stuff on the floor for something different. His next project...the fireplace!! We've had the unit sitting in the basement for about 3 years. Time to get on it don't you think? I went to a baby shower for a friend last weekend who is due at the end of Feb and I have another baby shower coming up for a friend due in March. It is fun to be out the the wedding phase of our lives and on the the kid stage!!

They have mama & papa wrapped around their fingers

Raegan will be 4 months old tomorrow. We had her doctors appt today and she is doing great. We got the go ahead to start cereal with her. I hope it will help her sleep through the night!! She still likes to wake up for us 1-2 times per night...stinker. She is 14lbs 4oz (67%) and 25" long (80%). She is a joy and we love getting to know her personality which seems to be shining more and more everyday. We had to laugh at how hard she cried with the 2 shots. She rarely cries so it was funny to see how mad she CAN get. Poor baby!!

Drew loves going to "school." He talks a lot about his friends and what he does throughout the day there. He tells us his favorite times are group time and art. Last week, while home with dad, I received a phone call at work from Drew that went something like this:

D - Poopy on Potty!!
B - Oh wow buddy, good job!!
D - BIG load!! (his father taught him that, not me)
B - You are such a big boy. Did you get a treat?
D - Yeah. My mommy happy!!
B - Yes, you make your mommy very happy!!

That phone call made my day. To hear how proud of himself he was and that he knows how happy he makes his mommy makes me melt a little bit.

I'm loving the warm up!!! Have a great week!!

Here are Raegan's 3 month pictures...



Drew loves having Raegan join him in the tub

Raegan wondering what in the world is going on?! I found my toes...Drew chilling....probably watching either Thomas or BarneyWhat's up?

2 comments:

Amy Van Beck said...

I never thought to put the bumbo in the tub - what a great idea! Izzie sits by herself now, but still don't think I will let her do it in the tub just yet. I will have to try the bumbo next time! Hope all is well

Lieser said...

Yeah, It works great but not with too much water. I have to "burp" out the air that gets trapped underneath the chair or else it is very tippy. This stage is hard for baths at least until they can sit good on their own!