November 11, 2009

Indian Summer...best week of the year!!!

We are absolutely loving the "Indian Summer" weather we have been having lately!! This past weekend was great...we were able to get out and play in the leaves and just be outside before the snow arrives.
It has been busy around here doing regular things, nothing too exciting....

Drew and his friend Andan had a fun night of doing art projects through a community ed program at "Art As You Like It." They got to play with colored sand & glue, clay, paints and crayons. I think they had a good time making a HUGE mess : )


Both kids loved dressing up for Halloween and going trick or treating. Drew was a cow and Raegan was a duck. They still have SO much candy!! Rick was able to join us for the excitement this year since he surprised us and came home early from duck/goose hunting in North Dakota. : ) He said they weren't having much luck with all the snow and rain so they wrapped it up early. Rick was out deer hunting last weekend but didn't shoot a deer. He tells me they were all too far away. Maybe today will be his lucky day!!?

Drew is enjoying parent/child swimming lessons again this year. We did it with him last spring and he was very timid in the water so we thought we'd do it one more time before sending him in with a teacher instead of us. Although he loves it, it was not necessary. He'll do anything now and goes to his teacher without a problem. Oh well, we'll know better with Raegan. I had three moles removed from my abdomen last week so I haven't been able to go into the pool with Drew the last two times. Rick took over without much hesitation for some good father son bonding time : ) It's great to see them have so much fun together.


...by the way everything came back normal for my moles in case you were wondering :) YAY!! I was a little nervous. Every May, the dermatology clinic offers a day of free appointments to have your moles checked. It's called Melanoma Monday...make an appt and go!! I friend that I used to work with had the some removed and they came back cancerous. Thank goodness she had them removed in time but she now has to go back every three months!!! She has the same background as I do....tanned a lot when I was younger, not so much now but still like to have a good tan going in the summer.

Mr Aiden is doing great!! I love seeing him as much as I can!! Hard to believe he is 3 weeks old already!! Kelly and Greg are still adjusting to the all the changes but are hanging in there.


......43 days till Christmas!!!!
fa la la la la, la la la la : )


No comments: